The performance of a website depends on its page elements and the back end supporting systems. The type of hosting services being used also play a key role in the performance, efficiency and speed of your website. However, many a time some errors creep in and result in loss of creditability, accessibility, and usefulness of your website. To avoid such a situation, you need to buy WordPress hosting from the best service providers and carry out regular audits to identify any errors.
Website Errors and Fixing Them
The timely detection and resolution of website errors is a must to avoid poor performance and lower rankings. You can identify common yet critical errors like server errors, broken pages, or broken images by conducting regular audits. Here are some ways to identify and fix website errors:
- Monitor Page Elements and Their Loading Time– Slow loading pages or content is not viewed well by visitors and can hurt your website’s search engine rankings. You can avoid this by checking the loading time of your website’s pages and content (both images and written) and comparing it with the ideal time. Slow loading pages could be due to poor connectivity or inadequate resources at your disposal. This problem can be solved by choosing a good WordPress hosting service in India that guarantees your website’s performance.
- Validate Image Display and Placement– Another common error is the incorrect display of the images on your website. This could be due to incorrect uploading. You can rectify this by uploading them again and ensuring that they are in the right folder.
- Check the Ease of Navigation- The popularity and performance of your website depend on its navigation. If the visitors can easily move around and find what they are looking for, they will recommend it to others too. Ensure that your navigation menu is not overloaded with too many links or has inadequate links to allow visitors to find what they are looking for. You can fix it by ensuring that the placement of the navigation bar is consistent throughout each page of the website. Also, devise proper dropdowns and submenus to avoid any kind of confusion for first-time users.
- Look Out for Inconsistencies in Web Design– The design and the functionality of a website play an important role in its functionality and popularity. Do check that the design on the different pages of your website is consistent and matching. Different designs can negatively impact user experience. You can fix this error by using a template or a common page layout. Go for web hosting price plans that offer free templates for the efficient designing of your web hosting.
- Check if a 404 Not Found Error Appears– In certain cases, the visitors to your website may encounter a 404 not found error page. This could be because of the wrong URL or they clicked on a link that took them to a page that no longer exists. This can affect the popularity of your website and hurt your business. You can fix this error by correcting the source link or restoring the page or redirecting the error to allow people to reach a new page. You can take the help of your hosting company to resolve this error and maintain the popularity of your website.
Your website may also witness problems due to piling up of the browser cache, problems with the server of your hosting company, the missing of the cascading style sheet or CSS, and inadequate resource availability. All these problems can be solved by buying the best web hosting plan. The price of a web hosting plan depends on the services included in it. So check out the details before you finalise a plan for your website.